Due to the high demand and excellent results on the sales online, the Irish government has extended the application for the Trading Voucher Scheme.
Great news for all Irish businesses: the Trading Online Voucher Scheme has been extended.
In the first phase, this economic support has seen high demand from all Irish small businesses. They finally embrace the digital transformation to beat the COVID emergency and stay alive in these difficult months.
We are talking about €2.500 of grant available or 90% of eligible expenditure (net of VAT).
How to apply?
The first step is to check if your business respects the eligible criteria:
- Vouchers will be available to a maximum value of €2,500 or 90% of eligible expenditure (net of VAT)
- Voucher approval must be gained before incurring any expense
- ‘Own Labour’ is not an eligible expense
- Will be considered only third-party
- All ‘third party’/supplier Invoices must contain comprehensive business details, incl. Tax & Business registration information
The second step is to figure out what type of business are interested in this grant :
- Small businesses who employ less than ten people
- Companies with an annual turnover of less than €2m
- Businesses must be registered and trading for at least six months
- Companies that have already availed of a voucher under the Scheme but who find themselves needing to upgrade their existing e-commerce capability may apply.
The third step is to understand how it is possible to use the Trading Voucher:
- IT consultation
- Development or upgrade of an e-commerce website
- Implementation of online payments or booking systems
- Purchase of internet-related software
- Purchase of online advertising ( this purchase cannot make up more than 30% of approved Voucher costs & can only be drawn down in one payment phase )
- Developing an app or multi-platform webpages
- Implementing a digital marketing strategy, i.e., Social Media Marketing
- Consultation with ICT experts for early stage adopters of online strategy
- Training/skills development specifically to establish and manage online trading activity.
The fourth step is to fill in a pre- voucher application information seminar available on the website of your Local Enterprise Office.
How will the LEO process your application?
It is essential to know that the offer of Trading Online Vouchers is subject to the availability of funding. After having filled out the pre-application, the Executive Commission will evaluate and analyze your project. If you respect all criteria, you’ll get the approval. In addition, the candidate must attend the Trading Online Workshops organized by your LEO.
To check if there is any date suitable for you to attend the webinar, you can consult this page.
What are the benefits of getting this grant?
Over 2.000 businesses benefit from this grant, and many others are willing to request it. Why?
Because many small businesses weren’t ready to face a forced closure, and they suffered substantial economic losses. Companies that participated in the scheme reported that on average they saw their sales increase by 20%, with an 80% jump in sales leads and 3 in 5 exporting for the first time.
It is time to implement a shop online, get a new website where people can interact with your brand and see what products and services your business provides, apply unique marketing strategies to expand your target.
It is time to grow online and discover new markets!
How can I help you?
I’m willing to discuss with you and understand what your needs are, and find the right solution for your brand.
My area of expertise are:
- web design;
- marketing strategy;
- social media;
- implementation of the shop online.
Below you can see in specific what I offers regarding Social Media and Content Marketing.
For any other information and requests, please contact me and I’ll be glad to help you.